Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Lindsay's Summer!

Hello familia!!

I love this blog idea. What a great way to stay more connected....other than our beloved Facebook. Haha. Just wanted to fill you all in on my upcoming summer! Yay!

I'll be heading to Des Moines, IA, in about 12 days (AAHH!!) to participate in an opera program out there. Yes, I know....corn country. Ha. It's a really big honor to be asked to participate and it's my first official professional gig. Pretty excited. We'll be performing three operas (Susannah, Le Nozze di Figaro, and Macbeth) and a ton of scenes from various operas. I have a TON of music to learn, but am ready and can't wait to get started. Please keep me in your prayers though....I hear they keep us singing from around 9am-11pm. Yowza. I'll let y'all know how it goes out there and will try and post some pics.

Then I head back to Augusta for a bit, then to Manhattan for the audition season, and then BACK to Augusta for the holidays and to sing the lead in The Augusta Opera's production of Suor Angelica. The opera will be the last two weeks of February (a change from September) and it's going to be pretty exciting. Please see if you can make it and let me know so I can reserve tickets!

I am very thankful for the upcoming work. It's been a long time coming, but it appears that my career may just be about to take off. What a true test of patience and in trusting that all is going to work out. Oh the waiting.....NOT a fan. Haha. But it's here and I am so thankful to have such an amazing family that loves and supports what I do. :)

I think that's about it for me. No relationship as of now, but I'm not worried about that. Not enough time. Haha.

Ok.....back to the music.... Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment